This is an exercise in positivity. I am a sensitive person and the current events of my world have me balled up into a big jumble of nerves. I can't stop thinking about it, reading about, fixating on it. It's like watching a train wreck, but bigger. I can't look away and yet I fear the outcome.
And then I starting thinking about manifestation. And so this beautiful sunny March morning I began to wonder what would help turn around this anxiousness/dread? Perhaps a bit of focusing on the small blessings that surround me every day. And so, here this morning are my kitchen blessings:
1. Awakening to find Sage in the kitchen cleaning the outside of our oven. "The sun was shining on it and it looked terrible so I thought I'd wash it." Love.
2. Another 1/2 gallon of perfect homemade yogurt awaiting me in the oven this morning. (Here is my homemade yogurt tutorial from last year in case you missed it!)
3. A fresh batch of live-fermented ginger carrots almost ready to eat on the counter, gently bubbling away. Lupine's obsession.
4. My first (messy) efforts at homemade nut butters in my new blender. Messy, loud, but yummy.
5. My new blender. I am thinking about marrying this small appliance. If I had a mind to I think I could make smoothies from rocks. Think blender with a chainsaw at the bottom.
6. The massive pile of locally cut, locally milled hickory flooring from a nearby Amish mill that will transform our house in just a few weeks.
7. Lupine's reaction to her discovery that when I was making the photos above I leaned on some honey with my left elbow. I'm being licked.
What are your blessings today?