There are days that I'm overwhelmed with appreciation for the everyday blessings that surround me.
Days when a tingle spreads from my brain to my heart and straight to my toes as I look around and realize that this is my life.
This. Is. My. Life.
Its messes, its beauty, its hard work, its connections. It's my very own.
And I believe that cultivating gratitude can transform not only how we view our (beautiful yet deeply imperfect) lives, but transforms our lives themselves.
Beginning today I will share with you seven things I am thankful for each week.
I'd love to have you join me in your own post or simply here in the comments.
Because taking just a moment to appreciate what we have can change everything. Will you join me?
Today I'm thankful for…
1. the sound of my kids playing outside as the day folds into the night;
2. a new rhythm carrying my family into the cooler days of autumn;
3. fresh paint helping slowly transform this little farmhouse – one room at a time;
4. learning to homebrew all over again (this time hard cider and mead);
5. dinner from the garden, night after night;
6. my new four-legged loves, Daphne and Pie our Nubian goat friends;
7. and you. Thank you for providing me a space in which to share the inner workings of my own heart. It means so much.
Link up to a post of your own in the comments, or simply leave your list there. I look forward to seeing what ordinary, extroidinary blessings you're counting today.