Thank you all for your kind and tender words on my last post. It means so much to be heard and held during hard times. x
I believe that cultivating gratitude can transform not only how we view our (beautiful yet deeply imperfect) lives, but transforms our lives themselves.
Each week I will share with you seven things that I am thankful for.
I'd love to have you join me in your own post or simply here in the comments.
Because taking just a moment to appreciate what we have can change everything. (Especially during the hard weeks.)
Today I'm thankful for…
1. The simple pleasures of good coffee and fresh cream;
2. a dark and quiet morning spent alone with my thoughts;
3. the slow and mindful pace of our life;
4. the softening and healing that happens with time;
5. a life lived deeply;
6. family, community, friendship, and connection;
and 7. October.
Link up to a post of your own in the comments, or simply leave your list there. I look forward to seeing what ordinary, extraordinary blessings you're counting today.
4 thoughts on “Cultivating gratitude”
This is wonderful. I agree with you about the power of gratitude.
Today I am grateful for…
1. The tousled, sleeping heads of my two most precious beings sleeping next to me as I crept from the bed.
2. The quiet hours I have to myself before dawn
3. The smell of fresh gingerbread spiked with a dash of Chinese Five Spice
4. A sunny crisp dawn after three days of rain
5. Finally being more than half-way done the vast expanse of straight stockinette knitting that will be my husband’s new bash around the house sweater.
6. These hands, these eyes, this brain, these arms, shoulders and back and the rest of the beautifully imperfect, bouncy, bountiful and scarred package that is my healthy, fully-functional 52-year-old body
7. The kind soul who waved me in to the long line of traffic at 6:55 a.m. this morning. Thank you, my friend.
Your words always ring clear and true, I just love reading your words. Our once monthly thankful posts, published today coincidentally, were originally inspired by you. Sending you warm thoughts.
Each Tuesday I write a Thankful Tuesday post, always encouraging others to share as well. We tend to get so busy in our lives that we sometimes need to be prompted to pause for a moment and truly be thankful for what we have, not what we’re rushing and waiting for. Fresh cream is a treat!