Five things that are bringing me joy right now:
1. The melting snow revealing all that's been hiding beneath – bones and treasures of every sort. And getting to know this place in a whole new season. Every day brings surprises springing up from the Earth.
2. Watching these children grow up before my very eyes. So grown. So capable. So amazing. I am honored to be their mama each and every day.
3. The eagles that guard over our creek bottom. We can see them from
our house, and their sky dances are a part of our everyday. Blessed.
4. Peepers! Despite the snow that's falling agian today, we've been hearing their song at the edge of day. We stalk them in the marsh. Soon we will see their wee faces peering from the wet – the very face of spring.
5. And watercress. Spicy, peppery, deliciousness. From our very own spring. (Squeal!) Also the only wild food that comes to the kitchen complete with scuds an caddis fly larvae to look at with the microscope. (Bonus!)
What small and simple blessings are you holding today?