Wanting to determine if there's been a flash flood while you were sleeping?
Follow these five easy steps to know for sure.
1. Check sheep pastures for trout.
2. Look along the creekside high water or any subtle signs of high water the night before. (Look for a few blades of grass bent down along the water's edge.)
3. Walk fence lines looking for any small sticks, bit of grass, or debris.
4. Walk along the creek. Are you swimming (or at the very least wading through muck)?
5. Look for more fish in the grass.
If you answered "yes" to three or more of these questions, you've had a flood!
And with that, we're off to mend some fences and count some sheep. Who probably could use a shampooing.
Stay dry, friends!
(All of this said playfully of course, and with our hearts in Louisiana. Yes, we had a flood last night, but it's nothing compared to the destruction our friends to the south are navigating. Stay safe, everyone.)